We want to see the environmental, social, community and economic changes that will come as people alter the way they consume resources. Our network is all about connecting you with ways to contribute and make that happen here in Scotland.
Join CRNS and help us to help you…
Most of our Members are charities or social enterprises who manage waste resources and help other people understand how they can make a difference.
Member benefits include:
- Funding advice
- Member events
- Support network
- Visits from CRNS team
- Introductions to relevant stakeholders
We are passionate about working together to deliver a circular economy in Scotland.
Membership of CRNS is crucial to our business model. CRNS provides us with great networking opportunities within the reuse and repair sector, analysis and legislation updates and more importantly it is a friendly, trusted source of support that has always been important to us. If you’re in the Reuse and Repair sector, then you NEED to be a member of CRNS – sign up today!
Elaine Brown, Edinburgh Remakery
Cost of Membership
Social enterprises, charities or community organisations involved in re-use, repair, recycling or waste education work in Scotland qualify for membership of CRNS.
For organisations that have an annual turnover of less that £100k, we recently made membership Free of Charge.
MEMBER Fees (based on annual turnover)
|Up to £100k||Free|
|Up to £250k||£100|
|Up to £2million||£200|
Our membership year is the calendar year (January to December) if you join part way through the year your membership fee will be pro-rata’d for the number of months remaining during the year.
We also have Supporter Membership for the private and public sector. Our Supporter Members are advocates of our network and get their own set of member benefits.
More details on Supporter Membership »
Apply to join CRNS
Please complete the following form to start your application to CRNS:
We will contact you with a simple application form, please complete and return it as directed. Your application will then go through our internal verification process, we may ask you some supplementary questions and all applications are subject to final Trustee approval.
CRNS Membership values
All members are expected to:
- Support the growth of the community resource management sector
- Demonstrate a commitment to the principles of Zero Waste and the Circular Economy
- Share knowledge and information with CRNS and other members
- Consider collaboration and partnership with other members
- Seek to avoid unfair or inappropriate competition with other members
- Strive to achieve local accountability in the delivery of their services
- Support the creation of local employment and volunteering opportunities
- Strive to be well governed and managed organisations
- Seek to operate in a sustainable and ethical manner